How can a foreigner set up a company in Thailand?
The Step-by-Step Guide to Starting a Business in Thailand
- Check Out Thailand’s Foreign Business Act.
- Learn About Incentives and Benefits Provided by the BOI.
- Apply for Visa and Work Permits.
- Register Your Company.
- Sort Out Your Paid-Up Capital and Open a Bank Account.
- Active Corporate Venture Capitals (CVC)
How much does it cost to register a company in Thailand?
However, the government fee to register a company in Thailand is the same for Baht 15 capital or Baht 1M capital. Thus the government fee to set up a Thai company is about 7,000 for Baht 1 M registered capital.
How do I register my company in Thailand?
Steps of registering a private limited company in Thailand
- Step 1: Registering the company name. …
- Step 2: Filing the Memorandum of Association. …
- Step 3: The statutory meeting. …
- Step 4: Registering the company. …
- Step 5: Registering for corporate income tax and VAT. …
- Step 6: Social security registration.
Can a foreigner be a sole proprietor in Thailand?
Although foreigners are generally prohibited from conducting business in Thailand as a sole proprietor, US citizens who register with the Thai Department of Business Development under the US – Thailand Amity Treaty are allowed to run a sole proprietorship in most industries.
How do I set up a private limited company in Thailand?
How To Set Up A Thai Limited Company
- STEP 1: COMPANY NAME RESERVATION. …
- STEP 2: IDENTIFYING THE PROMOTERS, SHAREHOLDERS, AND DIRECTORS. …
- STEP 3: FILING OF MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION. …
- STEP 4: CONVENE A STATUTORY MEETING. …
- STEP 5: REGISTRATION. …
- STEP 6: CORPORATE INCOME TAX REGISTRATION. …
- STEP 7: OPENING A COMPANY BANK ACCOUNT.
What is the Foreign Business Act Thailand?
Under the Foreign Business Act ( FBA ) foreigners are prohibited from engaging in most business categories in Thailand, unless an alien business operation permit has been obtained from the Director-General of the Department of Commercial Registration with the approval of the Foreign Business Committee.
How long does it take to register a company in Thailand?
The lawyers will use the name that you provided to reserve with the Department of Business Development. After you submit, it needs to wait for approval around 2-3 business days. The lawyer will take around 1-2 days to prepare the application for Thailand Company Registration.
Can I buy a business in Thailand?
Even the Thai government would welcome the building of new businesses to earn income and to contribute to the Thai economy. Under normal circumstances, comparing to Western standards however, a foreigner cannot truly own a business in Thailand to a 100%, extent.
Can I stay in Thailand for 1 year?
One Year Non-Immigrant Visa
This visa is often a Multiple Entry Visa to Thailand valid for use for a period of 1 year. You are allowed to stay 90 days per entry which means, every 90 days, you will have to go to border and have your visa stamped at the immigration (visa run).
What is a limited company in Thailand?
A Limited Company, particularly a Private Thai Limited Company, is the most popular form of business structures in Thailand. Its key features are: It is owned by a minimum of three shareholders. The liability of each of the shareholders is limited to the par value of their shares.
What are the company requirements?
Requirements for Company Registration
- Shareholders. A private limited company must have a minimum of two shareholders at all times. …
- Directors. A Director is a person who administers, controls and directs the operations of the company. …
- Registered Office Premises.
What is company affidavit Thailand?
The official statement (affidavit document) issued by the Department of Business Registration of incorporation of the business (private limited company). This is an official document with the Thai government’s Garuda symbol. The Zip contains the Thai version and a translation in English.
How do I register a sole proprietorship in Thailand?
Certificate of Corporation
- Company name certificate.
- Copy of your Identification document or passport.
- Short description of your business activities.
- The company address (you can use your residence address)
- Bank account certificate (you can request it at the bank where you chose to open an account for your business)
How do I get a Thai business visa?
How to Apply for a Thailand Business Visa?
- Contact the Embassy or Consulate. …
- Collect the required documents for a Thai Business Visa.
- Submit the Thai Business Visa application. …
- Wait for the Embassy/Consulate staff to process your visa application.
- Retrieve your passport and documents.
How can I get work permit in Thailand?
To secure a work permit in Thailand, a foreigner needs an initial visa, which is a non-immigrant visa. The non-immigrant visa must be obtained before entering Thailand. Once the foreigner has a non-immigrant visa, he may begin to process the work permit. The work permit process would take 7 business days to accomplish.